Saturday, April 25, 2009

"The Brand is Me" to "The Brand is We"

Do you remember when in the year 1998, the Internet was having its coming out party, and surging, young consumers began to say "I want to stop wearing labels" and begin acting like myself. I am me. I am special. I am not a super-model. I am strong.
That was a watershed moment, a shift from push to pull. Tom Peters weighed in with his "Brand is you" sermons.and hunting for vintage fashion, mixing and matching, mash-up in make-up...all took hold. Impotency was felt by many brands and accelerated the switch to spending more for online advertising, search, away from traditional media spending.

Today, the accelerating pace of adoption by millions globally, is setting the stage for the 21st century edge economics, where the pre-occupation with "me"...will give way to the ideals of "we". The community, the power of association, and our desire
to align with trust will be paramount. An entirely new set of tools are being assembled to handle an evolved DNA for business. Crowdsourcing 2.0, Hyperlocal News feeds, deep connectivity, extracting greater efficiencies for one's daily spending budget.

Stay tuned right here as we explore the methods, the approach, and the inevitability of change.

0 comments:

About This Blog

osv background

disclaimer

  © Old School Ventures

Back to TOP